Barcodes are a cost-effective and reliable method to improve efficiency and reduce overheads in any Commercial Activity. They can be used to automate the data capture and its identifications.
This could include pricing or inventory information or Quote or Invoice Slip etc. Barcodes make it possible to track each and every commercial activity precisely
For e.g inventory levels can be identified/reduced, products specifications can be identified through scanner, location of products can be tracked, Invoice details can be identified etc.
Seeing the importance of Barcodes in the Sales Activity in Salesforce CRM, Astrea has launched a component on AppExchange to facilitate the Barcode functionality for Salesforce Users.
Astrea Barcode Component is a free Salesforce Lightning Component. This Component is used to generate Barcode and convert any text into Barcode (Binary format). User can use this Component for any field in any Sobject. This Component provides functionality for desktop users as well as mobile users.
You can download the Component from Salesforce Appexchange.
- User can generate Barcode for any field in any Object (Custom Object/ Standard Object ) in Salesforce.
- Astrea Barcode Component is available for Salesforce1 and Salesforce Lightning users.
- Astrea Barcode Component is compatible with Salesforce Communities.
- Using Astrea Barcode Component user can generate barcode in four different barcode generation technique and these are “Code 128”, “Code 39”, “EAN 13”, “EAN 8”.
- Code 128 is a BarCode Generation Technique it converts any numbers, characters and special characters into 1 or 0 (Binary Form) form.
- Code 39 is a BarCode Generation Technique which only converts number and Capital letters into 1 or 0 (Binary Form) form.
- EAN 13 is a BarCode Generation Technique which only converts number (12 digit number) into 1 or 0 (Binary Form) form. If User enter less than 12 digit than this techniques will append 0 before the number. When user will scan the number, user will get 13 digit number with checksum digit.
- EAN 8 is a BarCode Generation Technique which only converts number (7 digit number) into 1 or 0 (Binary Form) form. When user will scan the number, user will get 8 digit number with checksum digit. If User enter less than 7 digit than this techniques will not convert into 1 or 0 (Binary Form).
How does Astrea Barcode Component work?
- User will need to add the component on Object detail page. For this go to object detail page and click on top right corner gear and then click on edit page. Then drag the Generate Barcode Component to the edit page area and write the valid API name and select barcode format and then click save.
User needs to create an Action on that object where user wants to generate the barcode functionality.
Setup > Object Manager > SelectedObjectName > Buttons,Links and Actions and click New Action. And fill the action field and click save, And add the action on the page layout.
- Goto community and add Component to the record detail page.
For Mobile users:-
For Community User:-