Instead of creating a record in Zoho Creator view and then pushing it into Zoho CRM, there is another way of storing the record straight into Zoho CRM. We may create a stateless form which can act as a web form that is embedded in a website. This form data can be submitted to any service or used to update a record in another form/application, without persisting data in Zoho Creator. The Deluge Get URL and Post URL task can be used to get/post data to external websites or other Zoho Creator applications.
Following procedure shows the same:
To create a Lead directly in Zoho CRM without creating a record in Zoho Creator view:
1. Create a stateless form “Add Leads”(say)
2. Create all the fields in the stateless form corresponding to Leads form in Zoho CRM.
“Add Leads” form’s fields in Creator have to be similar to Leads fields in Zoho CRM:
3. In the Stateless form “Add Leads”, write deluge script on “Action on click” of Submit Button
4. While writing the code on “Action on click” on Submit button, a map has to be created.
While putting keys and values in this map, we make sure that the key part should have the name of the CRM field, and the value part should have the corresponding field of the stateless form, whose value is supposed to be pushed into the CRM field, used in the key.
5. Create a Lead record using:
6. Click on “Save Script”
7. Access this application and navigate to the stateless form
8. Once the form is filled, click on Submit
9. Moving to CRM Leads, we can see a new record created, holding the values we input in the above form.
Thus a lead is generated straight in Zoho CRM using a stateless form in Zoho creator.in Zoho creator.