At Astrea IT, we are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of our customers and users of our applications. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this information is safe and secure, including putting in place rigorous policies and procedures to fully comply with all Indian privacy laws and regulations.
Scope & Application of this Policy
Who does this policy apply to?
All customers and users of applications, ‘apps’, offered by Astrea IT. In some instances, our products and services or those offered by a third-party service provider to our customers or users have their own specific privacy policies.
This policy applies to all personal information that we collect, use, or disclose about our customers and users of our apps.
This may include your name, address, phone number, email. It also includes data transmission information as well and information related to the location of your mobile device.
What information does this policy not apply to?
Any information that we de-identify, aggregate or anonymize to identify trends, manage our business, develop statistical information, understand how we are performing, or develop relevant products, services or offers.
Such information may also be shared with third parties for other analytical purposes but will not personally identify any individual.
How does Astrea IT obtain consent?
Your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information is obtained when you first sign-up to use the App. For more sensitive information, such as location information we will obtain additional consent when you download the app and log in for the first time.
The choice to provide Astrea IT with your consent is always yours, however, your decision to withhold such consent may limit your ability to interact with the app.
How & Why We Collect Personal Information
How does Astrea IT collect my personal information?
We primarily collect information about you, from you. We do this when you download or use one of our apps. For example, when you download and log on to an app we may collect your location information. In some cases, if you provide express consent, some of our apps will use your location even when you aren’t using the app to help monitor device or network issues. We will always seek your consent and you have the option to opt-out at any time. Like with any app that collects location information, via your mobile device settings you can decide what level of location information you want to disclose.
Why does Astrea IT collect my personal information?
Astrea IT collects personal information for many different reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- To deliver the products and services you have purchased from us, and to bill you, collect payment for those products and services, to allow you to download your bill, check your balance, make a payment or change your method of payment.
- To provide you with information about the products and services you receive from Astrea IT. For example; to check your usage, add data, review your plan or package information, upgrade your plan or change your package, review your account contact information.
- To give you access to help tools including customer support information, diagnostic tools such as Network Aid – which provides network status, and device ToolBox – which lets you analyze device health.
- We only use your location to see how our mobile network is performing, determine where there are weak coverage areas and identify network outages even when you're not using the app if you have consented to it.
- To perform analytics, reporting, and request feedback to improve and manage our relationship with you.
- To confirm or authenticate your identity and ensure your information is correct and up-to-date.
- LeaTo provide tailored service to you. For example, we may use account information about you to improve your interactions with us or provide a positive and personalized customer experience.ds
- To ensure compliance with our Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy.
- To comply with legal obligations and regulatory requirements.
From time-to-time, information may also be collected for other purposes, or as permitted or required by law. We will always identify any additional purpose prior to, or at the time, of collection.
When is my personal information disclosed?
We may share information we collect or derive with third parties for the following purposes:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf;
- With our affiliates;
- To provide our clients with the Services, such as to deliver relevant advertising, and to provide attribution;
- For analytics and research purposes;
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes;
- To protect our or a third party’s legal rights or to defend against a legal claim; and
- As part of a business transfer such as a merger, acquisition, or at bankruptcy.
This section describes the information we collect, use, and share through our Site.
We may collect various types of information through the Site. For example, when you register with Astrea IT to use our Services you may provide us with personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, user name, and password. You may also provide us with payment information when you submit or receive a payment, or other information when you complete the online forms available on the Site.
We may use the information we collect or you provide to us through the Site for various purposes, including:
- To communicate with you, for example through newsletters or with other information about our products and services;
- To operate and improve the Site and our Services;
- To customize the Site;
- For analytics and research;
- For marketing purposes; and
- For purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
We may share information collected through the Site for purposes including:
- With your consent;
- For advertising and marketing purposes;
- In response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process;
- To protect our rights and the rights of others;
- With our affiliates;
- With service providers that help us operate the Site and Services;
- As part of a sale, merger, or acquisition, including at bankruptcy; and
- For purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
Storage, Security & Retention
Where will my personal information be stored?
Personal information may be stored or processed in India. The information will be protected with appropriate safeguards but may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction where it is held.
How will Astrea IT ensure my personal information is kept safe?
Astrea IT has rigorous security and safeguard processes and procedures to ensure the information we have about our customers and users of our digital properties remains safe from theft, loss, or unauthorized access.
Astrea IT Privacy Officer is responsible for all personal information of our customers and users of our apps. We ensure that there is a comparable level of protection for information that is processed for us by third parties.
How long will Astrea IT retain my personal information?
Astrea IT will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or for sufficient time to allow you access to the information if it was used to make a decision about you or your account. Information that is no longer required by us will be destroyed or de-identified.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at contact email@example.com