Going Paper-Free with Salesforce Field Service Lightning
Previously, Field Service management has been done on paper or spreadsheets. Dispatching of Agents and work order and service appointments are managed by some team manually. Now, Salesforce Introduces Field Service Lightning which will going Paper free and reduces manual work for the Team.
Field Service Lightning is a feature of Salesforce which is used to handle the business of dispatching, monitoring, and reporting field service representative’s activity. Generally Field Service Lightning is a part of Service Cloud that is added by Salesforce.
FSL is used in various types of business such as public utilities and transportation, professional services, manufacturing, vending machine services, telecommunications, waste management, financial services, retail, childcare, and so much more.
Field Service Lightning-Implementation Consideration
Astrea has worked on the FSL implementation for a water purifier company here in this case a Field Service Provider, provides all types of services such as Maintenance, Installation, and Testing, etc every month or as per requirement. Company has more than 20 field service Agents who will work on the field and provide service to them. To maintain their Service Area, Product Requirement, skills required for service, Service Appointment, Service Confirmation, Work Order management, etc. Salesforce provides the platform named as Field Service Lightning.
Salesforce’s Field Service Lightning product focuses on putting the right service Agents in the right place, at the right time, to meet or exceed customers’ expectations. It was time to Integrate three different lines of business – commercial, residential, and roofing – into one customer relationship management (CRM) system.
To handle this there are mainly four types of Field Service Players in FSL that run the business
It set up field service features according to their unique business needs. The main function of Administrator is to installing the Field Service Lightning managed package and Field Service Lightning mobile app in Fsl.
An agent uses work orders to take customer service calls and appointment requests for field service to add the required information.
Dispatchers assign and manage the service appointments. In the managed package dispatcher console helps dispatchers to schedule, optimize, and dispatch service appointments in only one View.
- Mobile Worker
They manage their service appointments. Workers tasks are closing the work orders they did, tracking the parts they used, and providing service reports of the service they provide to the customers.
Field Service Lightning backbone
FSL has three main parts that work together to give you a complete field service management solution. These are:
- Core Field Service Lightning features
- Scheduling and optimization from a managed package
- A mobile app for your mobile workforce
Core Field Service Lightning features :
The following Salesforce Objects you will get once you enable the FSL.
- Service Territories: Service territories are the regions where field service work is performed.
- Operating Hours: It is the time when field service work can be performed for service territories, service resources, and customer accounts.
- Service Resources: Service resources are mobile employees who can perform field service work.
- Service Crews: Service Crews are the teams of service resources that are assigned to service appointments as a unit.
- Skills Skills required to perform field service tasks.
- Time Sheets: Timesheets are the tools to track time your field service employees are spending on tasks.
- Work Types: These are templates for common field service work, such as cable installations or furnace repairs.
- Work Orders: These are requests for field service work.
- Service Appointments: These are appointments for field service work.
Scheduling and optimization from a managed package:
- Install the managed package from http://fsl.force.com/install
- After the managed package gets installed, the dispatchers will be able to:
- Plan an optimised Schedule based on an organization’s scheduling policies
- Get a view of appointment lists, scheduling actions, a resource availability chart, territory management and an interactive map in the dispatcher console on Gantt Chart.
- Maintain scheduling policies and optimization rules with the administration app
Mobile app for a mobile workforce:
The Field Service Lightning mobile app is available on the App Store and Google Play free. Mobile workers using the app can:
- Check the appointment schedule assigned to them
- App helps to check on work orders, contact to the customers, and verify their addresses
- Make follow-up appointments and also create or edit records for logging work done
- Collaborate with other mobile workers, managers, and dispatchers using Chatter
- Keep Track of the updates from the push notifications
- Take help from the Knowledge articles for completing tricky tasks
Field Service Lightning- Sales process Integration
FSL workflow was integrated into the opportunity in the sales process and this has increased the productivity and helped in the following.
- A shorter sales cycle
- Mobile capability
- Real-time scheduling
- Faster field service tech deployment
Field Service Lightning- Provide High Growth of Business:
- This helped improve internal scheduling processes and shifted the team’s focus to growth by utilizing FSL.
- Accurate time recommendations for customers based on existing schedules and travel time
- Assignment of work based on skills and availability
- Allows field service reps to complete work orders while on the job site
- Captures electronic signatures for work orders or service reports
- Supervisors can dispatch, view and manage work from either Gantt chart or map view
- Admins the ability to configure and manage specific work rules to manage territories, service level agreements, or business priorities