Desk.com is a SaaS (Software as a Service) help desk and customer support product which is accessible on the cloud. Before 2014, it was known as Assistly and then was acquired by Salesforce. It was rebranded by Salesforce as a “slick social customer support software”.
Desk.com differentiates itself from Salesforce's other service platform in that Desk.com specifically targets small businesses with its features and functions. Desk.com integrates with a variety of products and third-party applications including Salesforce CRM, Salesforce IQ, Atlassian JIRA, MailChimp and other apps. Desk.com also supports up to 50 languages.
Service Cloud refers to the ‘Service’ module in Salesforce.com. It includes Accounts, Contacts, Cases, and Solutions objects. Service Cloud has features like: Public Knowledge Base, Web-to-Case, Call Center, and the Self-Service Portal. It also incorporates customer service automation (e.g. escalation rules, assignment rules, milestones) features. Service Cloud is designed by Salesforce to be a one stop setup for the entire sales process. It allows Users to support past, current, and future clients' requests for assistance with a product, service, billing, etc. In short, you use this to help make your customers happy.
Migrating Data from Desk.com to Service Cloud
As a business grows there are requirements to upgrade the software so that it can handle large volume of data. When migrating from one platform to another, it is important that your data comes along with you. This helps your Agents to work seamlessly and without having to switch back and forth.
Many things are needed to be considered before you can easily and efficiently migrate your data. Desk.com and Salesforce have similar objects and many of them correspond closely. Some important questions which should be answered before beginning this process are:
- Are there any custom fields which are needed to be created at the Salesforce end?
- Is any data cleanup required?
- Are all the records needed or a subset of them will suffice?
- Analyse your Desk.com data before migrating it into Salesforce, and migrate only the necessary data as per your requirement as data storage limits are different between Desk.com and Service Cloud.
- Decide on the Migration Resource - Internal or External Resource. If you want to utilize external expertise, Salesforce recommends that you leverage a partner to implement Salesforce. With the right implementation partner you will be guided through appropriate solutions that fit your budget and timeline. Talk to your Account Executive to get introduced to a partner who can ensure the success of your migration.
- Salesforce Official Blog on Migration -
For any query on Transitioning From Desk.com To Service Cloud, contact firstname.lastname@example.org