A piece of software that allows customers to engage with the business and perform basic tasks and access certain information without the need for a human agent to interact with them is termed as Chatbot. Chatbot allows the customers to create connections and interact with the business after hours or when they are not able to reach you through other means.Chatbot is a computer program designed to simulate conversations with human users. It acts as an automated virtual assistant, capable of communicating with people through SMS on instant messaging platforms, forums, and onsite live chat apps. Chatbots do have limitations too but they are making a smarter platform over time.
There are three different types of chatbots:
Rule-based Chatbots: One can interact with rule-based chatbots by clicking on buttons and using predefined options and however, you can only make limited selections.
Intellectually Independent Chatbots: Chatbots use ML to learn from users’ inputs and requests and train these bots to understand particular keywords and phrases that trigger the particular replies.
AI-powered Chatbots: Combination of the other two kinds of bots are termed as AI-powered chatbots and these bots use ML, AI, and NLP to understand the context of the conversation.
It's now time to look at the benefits of chatbots:
It facilitates Seamless Live Communication where it gives quick response to the customers to deal with the affair
- It makes Customer Service Available 24/7 and unlike the support team, chatbots don’t need any relaxation.
- It saves Time and Money and increases the e-commerce
- It reduces People-to-People Interactions with Customers as the massive savings come from slashing the time spent dealing with customer queries and reviews
- It can take over a lot of tedious, repetitive tasks that are currently performed by customer support staff
- Offering a Smoother Customer Journey and enables completing a purchase online, whether it’s a confusing check-out system or hidden costs
- It reduces Stress for Consumers as it gives quick and valuable responses
- It eliminates Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Systems and has much greater flexibility and capability, allowing customers to feel their voice is actually being understood and their problem is being addressed
- It humanized the Brand and makes it possible for chatbots to engage customers on a whole host of different levels
- It targets the Marketing and creates awareness in the business platform
- It helps the business to grow and expand by reaching more people and increasing your customer base
- Getting Constant Improvement Over Time With Machine Learning and tracking its performance depending on relevant areas: user experience, linguistic capabilities, and usability
Chatbots have made huge advances, and one has to be ready to migrate with the period of time. Collection of data and building the training sets of the future are the creation and one cannot rely on the chatbot services if they are using it recently. Chatbox marketing is never an alien and thus goal-setting is an important task at the beginning. Chatbox generates more leads, and creates a nice bonding with existing and new customers.