For the Salesforce Ohana Dreamforce has always been an event to look forward to and get inspired. Dreamforce is the annual Salesforce conference for Salesforce customers, partners and employees. This year the event is scheduled for November 6th to 9th. Salesforce every year has “Road to Dreamforce” episodes which help visitors prepare for Dreamforce. This article is based on the first Road to Dreamforce event (July 11, 2017) by Salesforce. It includes interesting updates about Dreamforce 2017 for newbies as well as veterans.
Here are eighteen quick updates to help you get ready for Dreamforce
- Dreamforce this year is from November 6th to 9th. Dreamforce this year is scheduled from Monday to Thursday, unlike most other years, when it starts from a Tuesday. On November 9th the event gets over at 3 PM.The last event every year is a Q&A with Salesforce founders Mr. Marc Benioff and Mr. Parker Harris. Do plan to attend this session as it is one of the most interesting sessions of the event.
- If you are in town over the weekend before Dreamforce, the badge pickup opens on Sunday evening, and can help you avoid queues on Monday morning.
- There is a trail available “Get ready for Dreamforce” to help you prepare: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/trails/get_ready_for_dreamforce
- Dreamforce 2017 Call for speakers is open https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2017/07/dreamforce-2017-call-for-speakers.html. Also there is a call for speakers open for the NonProfit communoity: https://www.salesforce.org/presenter-dreamforce-17-call-sessions-live/. Dreamforce registration fees is waived off for all speakers.
- Total number of sessions is likely to be similar to last year, but there will be more Theater sessions and workshops.
- Marc Benioff’s main conference keynote is planned on Monday from 3 to 5 PM. So you do not want to miss the first day of the event this year.
- Fortune CEO and Executive Summit will initiate on Monday, November 6th.
- Customer Success Expo is also planned to begin on Monday as usual.
- Fireside chat is scheduled for Tuesday morning with Marc and special guests (yet to be announced).
- Equality Summit will be on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Dreamfest is planned for Tuesday night. It will be back in AT&T park. No band name is announced for Tuesday as yet.
- Product keynotes, industry keynotes, breakout session will be spread across all days of the event as usual.
- The last day (November 9th) as usual will be the day of inspiration and motivation. The speakers for this day will be invited in the coming weeks.
- Like last year Dreamforce will sell out this year as well. Salesforce is trying to limit the number of attendees so the event can be better managed.
- Moscone South construction is now complete. So the newly constructed Moscone South will be available for Dreamforce. Moscone South Ground floor is under construction so it is not available for the event. There will be a new entry to get to Moscone South. Customer Success Expo will again be in Moscone South. Dreampark will also be there though it may be at a different place this year.
- Free Expo pass will be available like earlier years. It will give access to parts of Dreamforce campus on Wednesday and Thursday. It is likely to be initiated in August-end.
- Agenda Builder, the tool which shows all the sessions and their timings and which allows you to book sessions will be open in early October.
- In 2015 Salesforce had rented a cruise boat to act as a hotel for Dreamforce visitors. There are no plans to provide this in 2017.