The Client is a non profit technology company specializing in mHealth. Health workers uses our client's software to register every pregnancy, track disease outbreaks faster, keep stock of essential medicines and communicate about emergencies. They provide services in over 20 countries with 39 partners. Over 9,000 health workers currently use their software.
Our client wanted us to build Healthcare dashboards using Postgres Database as the Back-end. Earlier they were using MySQL as the Back-end but now they have moved their data to PostgreSQL. Our challenge was to replicate all the dashboards and data source queries and create new dashboards for the PostgreSQL Data. The client were using 3 versions of dashboard for different User Access Level, we had to also reduce the no of dashboard version to 1, so that each user can see the same dashboard but can only see their own data.
As Both databases have very different data structure, we first created an understanding of both databases and matched all tables and columns, and created a rough mapping structure. Then after thoroughly investigating we created data source queries using PostgreSQL similar to previous versions (the clients wants the queries to be similar to the previous version so that they can also compare data on their side). Then using the data source we created the required Klips and Dashboard. To reduce the number of dashboard versions we created two User Properties which restricts the data on basis of User Access Level. In the previous version they were using 12 dashboards (4 different types dashboards for 3 different user access levels) but after applying the User properties we have reduced the dashboard count to only 4.
The Healthcare Dashboards have the following benefits:
- Graphical representation make strategic data easy to understand.
- Provide a very quick overview, often with charts and graphs, allowing busy individuals to quickly take in the necessary information and make appropriate decisions.
- Facilitates decision making by comparing the organization's performance with predetermined benchmarks.
- Provide users with a simple way to pull reports and monitor quality of care..
- Focuses users on information about the indicators judged as the most important to the organization.
- To analyze and gain greater insight into organization’s key performance indicators (KPIs).