Client’s business runs on the Salesforce Community cloud. To manage documents by various community users and internal organization users, managing data of Salesforce records is a big challenge. We came up with a solution to build a lightning component to export documents from listviews and suggested salesforce integration for easy access and downloading excel files for back office users.
Note : List2Excel is integrated with Salesforce api so this works under Salesforce limitations. Also Salesforce does not provide access to the API for guest site users.
- We need to provide a single click export functionality for community users so that they can export an excel file from their system.
- File size can vary for different customers if they want to export heavy data files.
- Providing selected sObject’s list views in a picklist.
- Providing all columns of selected listview i.e. available to listview layout.
- Providing lookup information with respect to selected listview.
- Handling large data with pagination and logics.
- Making custom object listview available for export in a few clicks.
- We created a tab with the name “List To Excel” that is exposed on community pages which provides functionality for users to export the excel file.
- Ability for users to allow selecting sObjects from picklist.
- List2Excel component integrated with salesforce API that makes all back office object listviews available (i.e. supported by salesforce) to users in one go, along with their columns.
- Adding logic for handling lookup data and pagination with components and apex.
- Ability for users to select custom objects from multi select picklist in a go.