Assignment rules are the powerful features of Salesforce that automate the organization’s support and lead generation process. It automatically assigns the leads and cases to the particular users or places them into the queues based on defined criteria. The companies normally use one rule for every purpose. You can assign as many assignment rules as you want but only one rule can be active at a time.
There are two types of Assignment rules in Salesforce:-
- Lead Assignment Rules.
- Case Assignment Rules.
Case Assignment Rules
Case assignment rules in Salesforce automatically assign the cases to a particular user or position them into the queues based on the specified criteria. The Case assignment rule can assign the cases despite the way the cases are created. And each case assignment rule contains numerous rules entries that define the assignee of a case.
The cases can be created in two ways either it can be manually or automatically using the process like
Web-to-Case, Email-to-Case, the Self-Service portal, the Customer Portal, On-Demand Email-to-Case, Outlook, or Lotus Notes.
Steps to create case assignment rule in Salesforce:-
- Step 1: From setup, enter the Assignment Rules in the Quick Find box and then select Case Assignment Rules.
- Step 2: Choose option New and then enter the name of the rule.
- Step 3: Select whether this rule to be an active rule for the cases that are created manually or via the web and email. Then click Save.
- Step 4:After that create the rule entries by hitting on the New button.
For each entry, you can define the following fields:-
- Order - You can set the order of the entry in which you want to get it processed in the rule. For example 1, 2.
- Criteria - Specify the condition which can match to the cases it is assigned. And select the criteria of the rule.
- User - Specify the user to whom the case will be assigned.
- Do not Reassign the owner - The current owner assigned for the case should not be reassigned if the case got updated.
- Email template - Define the email template to use to send the automatic email notification to the new owner.
- Predefined case teams - Define the predefined case teams to add to the case.
- Replace any existing predefined case teams on the case - If the case matches the condition then the existing predefined case teams assigned to the case get replaced with the specified case teams.
Step 5: At last, hit Save after creating the entries or hit Save & New to save the entry and create more new entries.
By following the above-mentioned steps anyone can implement the assignment rules feature to acquire the cases or leads automatically and assign them to particular users. Happy Learning!!
For any query on Case assignments rules, contact email@example.com